SSD Southeast, Inc. is proud to offer the following services:
- Purchasing: Whether it is large or small volume parts, SSD can purchase parts for products ranging from highly sensitive electronic components all the way to cleaning and office supplies.
- Kitting: To simplify final assembly for a manufacturer, SSD can kit (or package) groups of parts into any Customer specified container, such as all components for one sub-assembly or all the hardware needed for final assembly, etc. ‘Kits’ or packages including many types of items; telecommunication hardware, electronic components, mechanical components, and miscellaneous products; can be provided.
- Mechanical Sub-Assemblies: Purchasing components and assembling mechanical subassemblies can streamline manufacturing Customers final assembly processes.
- Wire and Cable Assemblies: Purchasing components and configuring wire/ cable assemblies with the backing of UL recognized manufacture ensures that the product will work safely and correctly every time.
- Inventory Management: Material can be managed by housing inventory based on a consignment agreement and shipping it as needed. Product can be held, de-trashed and delivered to the production floor as needed. To simplify the tracking or receiving process of inventory within a customer’s warehouse, SSD will repackage and/or re-label product with the internal part numbers as required. SSD has the experience, knowledge and resources to purchase material from your suppliers and maintain efficient, optimal stocking levels for you (JIT, VMI, etc.).
- Warehousing and Distribution: SSD’s strategic location offers a competitive advantage when deploying our logistics services. Short or long term storage needs are available while providing value-added distribution and stock-fulfillment services. Product delivery requirements are met utilizing a “just-in-time” distribution schedule, working from a manufacturer’s MRP or other automated system for production requirements, and partnering with a manufacturer through a VMI (Vendor Maintained Inventory) program. SSD has its own fleet of trucks and drivers to handle local deliveries. When the need is beyond the local area, SSD can network with carriers to ensure the efficient transport of material across the country.
- Developing Creative Solutions: SSD will consider any job that is currently being or could be outsourced with the expectation that SSD can add value and provide savings to a customer’s bottom line.